Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Spring Wedding at the Round Barn

When I sit down with a Bride or Mother of the Bride to discuss wedding details, I never know how their day will come together.  I contribute a small piece to the big picture.  Occasionally my opinion is asked and I always carefully share my experiences from past events, always with the intention of promoting best practices.

In preparation for this wedding, I met with the Mother of the Bride a number of times to coordinate our efforts.  I was hired to set-up the event which is always a treat.  Upon arrival I was delighted to find the tablescapes had already begun to take life.

I was in awe of the natural light flooding this venue.  They had a single milk glass vase in each windowsill but they kept slipping down to the concrete below.  It was picturesque while it lasted.


Burlap tablecloths with crisp white linen napkins.

Flowers by Trochta's in Oklahoma City
The Mother of the Bride is an antique lover and spent many moons collecting her own incredible vintage collection of milk glass, silver trays, crates, mason jars and much more!  Trochta's did a fabulous job using the milk glass to display their arrangements.  And, I cannot wait to see the 'official' pictures from Fire & Nice Photography by Chelsea White.

A bride after my own heart - Cupcake Dessert Table
Cupcakes by Green Goodies in Classen Curve


Before leaving I gave the set-up one last look and thanked the Lord for bringing the right events to our small budding business at the right time.  It is an truly endearing feeling to know that so many have helped make days like this possible.

Thank you's...
To my husband for helping me wash dishes late into the night because I waited wayyyyy to long to get started.
To my mom for rushing to my rescue upon realizing I had left a box of glassware at the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment